Cook Code of Conduct
Version 1.1 as of: September 16, 2022
Cookin’s core values guide our Code Of Conduct. It is our commitment to you as a Seller that our service will help empower you with the technology, support, inspiration and tools to successfully unite yourself with a community of customers that can celebrate the diversity of your food. In that spirit, we have created this Code of Conduct to help guide our Sellers in preparing top-quality Meals that our Customers will love and trust.
This Code of Conduct forms part of and is incorporated into the Terms of Service you agreed to when you first registered as a User of the Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Code of Conduct shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms of Service.
In exchange for being able to list, offer and sell Meals through the Cookin Service and for otherwise having access to and use of the Cookin Service, I hereby agree to the following:
- I have completed and passed the Ontario Ministry of Health accredited Food Handler’s Certification course and I will recertify such certification(s) as required, but at least every five years.
- I have completed and passed the Cookin food tastings and I will cooperate to complete and pass any future periodic food tastings going forward.
- I have completed and passed the Cookin virtual home kitchen inspection and I will cooperate to complete and pass any future periodic inspections going forward.
- a personal health check;
- sanitizing all cooking areas and apparatuses;
- removing any pets from all cooking areas;
- avoiding any cross contamination of food;
- controlling proper food temperatures (cold food below 4˚C and hot food above 60˚C);
- regular hand washing before and after handling food; and
- wearing a hair restraint while handling food.
- I will disclose in my Meal descriptions all major allergens, as prescribed by Health Canada.
- I will securely package my Meals in approved packaging and use the tamper-proof seal.
Meals and Marketplace
- I will fulfill the commitments I make to Customers, including fulfilling all orders in a safe, professional, high quality and legal manner.
- I will ensure my Meals are of a high quality and standard.
- I will use fresh ingredients in the preparation of all my Meals.
- I will ensure my Meals are consistent with the descriptions and photos of the Meals that I advertise through the Cookin Service.
- I agree to submit menu items and modifications (e.g. to price, quantity, ingredients, allergens, etc.) at least one business day in advance of the intended publishing date in order to provide Cookin with sufficient time to review and implement such menu items and modifications.
- I understand that the following items are prohibited from being offered, listed or sold through the Service: (a) alcohol (unless as an ingredient contained in a Meal), (b) tobacco or any tobacco-related substances, (c) cannabis, hemp, CBD, THC and any other cannabis-related substances and (d) any controlled and illegal drugs, as prescribed by Health Canada.
- I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Cookin and each of its officers, employees, directors, representatives and agents from any and all losses, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury arising out of:
- my breach of alleged breach of the Agreement (as defined below);
- the intellectual property rights of any person;
- any Applicable Law;
- my access to, use or misuse of the Cookin Kitchen Space; and
- my access to, use or misuse of and any content provided through the Service.
- I hold all of the Licenses required to be a Seller and I will maintain and acquire all Licenses, as required, going forward.
- I will at all times comply with all Applicable Law.
- I will at all times comply with this Code of Conduct, the Terms of Service and all other policies and terms referenced within or posted throughout the Cookin Service from time to time, as may be amended (collectively, the “Agreement”).
- I will regularly review the Cook Onboarding Guide, as updated from time to time, and take all reasonable steps to comply with and implement the requirements, recommendations and best practices set out in the Cook Onboarding Guide.
- If I am performing any duties and actions as a Seller in a third party facility, including Cookin Kitchen Space, I will at all times comply with the rules, practices and policies of that third party facility
- To the extent I use or access Cookin Kitchen Space, I will, at my own cost and expense, carry and maintain appropriate insurance policies with minimum coverage in the amount of $1,000,000, to cover my activities and any Meals prepared using Cookin Kitchen Space. I acknowledge that such insurance includes, but is not limited to, comprehensive commercial general liability.
- If at any time I have any other person helping me with my duties and actions as a Seller, whether they are employed by me or not (“Agents”), I will ensure that they at all times comply with the Agreement. I agree to be held fully responsible for the actions of my Agents.
- I understand and agree that Cookin may modify any part of the Agreement from time to time, in its sole discretion. I agree that my continued use of the Cookin Service after any such modification(s) will constitute my acceptance of such modification(s).
- I understand and agree that if I fail to comply with any part of the Agreement, Cookin may suspend or terminate my Cookin account (as a Seller and/or as a Customer) and restrict my access to or use of the Cookin Service.